This is getting exciting! Virgin Galactic Richard Branson
▼ Reshared Post From Richard Branson ▼
Inspiring day in Mojave with Virgin Galactic & the most future astronauts ever assembled. Who wants to join in #space? http://virg.in/trd
Stop Talking About Yourself
Admitting a mistake can fall flat if you apologize the wrong way. The victim of your screw-up does not want to hear about you — Instead ask yourself: Who am I talking to and what is he or she looking for in my apology?
1) A stranger or mere acquaintance wants you to offer compensation or some redeeming action. Compensation can be tangible, like paying to repair your neighbor’s fence when you accidentally back your car into it, or emotional, like being extra thoughtful.
2) Your colleague or friend wants empathy. When you recognize and express concern over the suffering you caused, the victim feels understood and valued, and trust is restored.
3) Your team wants an acknowledgement of the rules and norms you violated. Basically, you need to admit that you broke the code of behavior of your social group or organization, and that you recognize you let them down.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1beNt4j great article by Heidi Grant Halvorson
#apologize #excuses #friends #workplace #customerservice #apology #sincerity
Good morning everyone!
▼ Reshared Post From Ash Win ▼
What is your hashtag policy? (well, you better get one)
▼ Reshared Post From Zaheed Sabur ▼
A richer hashtag experience in Google Search
The #hashtags you see in Google+ posts are a useful way to discover conversations around a particular topic. In May we added related hashtags to the Google+ stream, turning any post into an opportunity to go deeper and explore what’s interesting to you.
Today we’re bringing a richer hashtag experience to Google Search. Here’s how it works:
- When you search on Google for a hashtag, say [#AmericasCup] or [#WaterfallWednesday], a set of relevant Google+ posts may appear to the right of regular results.
- You’ll only be able to see posts that have been shared publicly or shared with you.
- If you click on any of these posts you’ll go to Google+, where you’ll see the full set of relevant posts.
- You’ll also see links to search for these hashtags on other social sites.
Today’s update will be available (initially) to English language users in the US and Canada on google.com and google.ca. It’ll be live within the next few hours, so give it a go and let us know what you think.
New Corvette Stingray
Like if or not impressed?
Sounds about right. :)
Meanwhile, at Walmart
#Wearabletech at its finest
▼ Reshared Post From NBC News ▼
'Groundbreaking' step forward: Scientists debut mind-controlled bionic leg
An affordable version of the futuristic motorized prosthesis could be available to more than 1 million amputees within three to five years.
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/1apHtkJ
GIF: NBC News
Google Glass and Augmedix | HealthWorks Collective -
About a quarter of a doctor’s time is spent “feeding the beast,” or doing administrative work involving electronic medical records. +Google Glass could help cut down on that time and repurpose it to be spent on direct patient care.
#googleglass #healthcare #digitalhealth #wearabletech #medical #pharma +John Nosta
hot off the presses from Rochester optical #throughglass
Sunny and 55 degrees here
Reading At Sunrise+
— Snapped this early this morning on the plane
What do you think Thomas Hawk #Oakland
Good morning Philadelphia!
I’m ready for some #coffee